1. Athletes train consistently to become better, faster, more proficient competitors. For writers, we need to write daily, often in order to improve the craft, our skills.
2. Athletes test themselves by competing. Writers submit to see their work published.
3. Athletes occasionally suffer from injuries. Writers name your poison (aka writer’s block for instance).
4. Believe it or not, athletes need down time in order to allow their bodies to rejuvenate; writers need to do the same. Take a break and pursue another creative outlet. Have fun. Be spontaneous.
5. Athletes need coaches in order to achieve the next level. Writers are no different. They need mentors, other peers to help push them beyond their comfort zones.
Care to add your thoughts and input to this?