I keep teetering back and forth on “yes! I will do NaNo this year” and “eh, nah, not this year.” So, I’ve decided to turn to listing the pros and cons of participating.
1. Time-consuming (when I have a family plus I’m the only one who’s currently working full-time, plus Thanksgiving is coming)
2. Energy-consuming (see above)
3. Would need to “write” while everyone’s sleeping (not sure if I can muster this with my eye-condition)
4. Not sure if I have enough motivation/determination to follow through with the commitment (I would cough this up to not having enough energy or eye-power for an entire month)
5. Lacking family support (namely my husband)
1. Have this strong desire to complete a draft of something
2. My son wants me to (this translates to that yes, I have a story in mind and that he wants to read it!)
3. I need to write!
4. To help me feel better as a writer (to end the year on a high note with having worked on a large project)
5. I would like to have a work-in-progress manuscript on hand when I apply for an opportunity at a writer’s residency (never been to one)
I’m looking over these items I’ve listed above and I still can’t decide. Okay, I’m going to grab another cup of coffee and think some more.