For those just starting out and even those who’ve been immersed in the writing craft for years, doubts about our true purpose as writers tend to creep in from time to time.
Are you truly meant to be a writer?
How do you know you’re not toiling in sweat and suffering from constant loss of sleep for nothing?
Here are some ways to find out:
1. After going a period of time without lifting a pen (or a finger to the keyboard), you find yourself pmsing.
2. After watching a really sappy romance movie, you have an insane urge to pen your own version of the story only that it stars you with a gorgeous eye-candy in hot pursuit.
3. You spend three hours in the bathroom, standing in the dark, acting out a favorite scene in one of your stories over and over and over again.
4. Sleep is optional, coffee is not.
5. Your significant other thinks you have a multi-personality disorder and tries to schedule you an appointment with a shrink.
There you go. If you suffer from any or all of the above, you’re a writer (and a crazy one at that)!
(Note: No, you didn’t count wrong. Challenge number five was to read and comment on at least five different blogs)