The following was written via a computer on Thursday September 3rd, 2015:
Have you ever gone an extended period without any internet? This is where I am currently well into week three. There are risks to living in one of the least populated states in the country compounded by the fact we also decided to live way out in a rural region (nearest town has about 100 people). Chances are you might not have all the amenities you once had when living on the east coast.
Eh, those chances are actually very good. Only that it really isn’t good. Not entirely that is.
There have been some benefits to not having internet:
1. My muse is free to roam without all the distractions that tend to come with having internet.
2. As a result, I’m writing more.
Then there are some not so beneficial things:
1. Without the ability to drive, I’m pretty much house-bound-hence, the internet is a way of being able to keep in contact with people.
2. Unable to blog or tweet my followers.
3. It makes me feel very alone and with very little purpose in life as a productive person.
We have located a provider that should be out here next week; but, there is no guarantee that we’ll be able to get a strong enough signal with the cell towers to connect to the internet. So, as I type this on my computer, I am hoping and praying that it works. If it doesn’t…
I don’t want to think about that right now. It just has to work.