Why do I take part in NaNoWriMo each year?
- Gets my butt in gear (er, in the chair) and fingers moving
- By announcing to the world (aka twitter-verse or Facebook-world or even on my blog) that I’m doing this thing actually makes me feel liable to my followers/subscribers to at least ATTEMPT to reach the end-goal
- If I don’t WIN, heck I’d at least feel productive that I’ve done something with an idea
- It’s not about the quality, but physically PUTTING the words down (many famous writers have said that the first draft will always be crappy, but you won’t have a draft if you don’t do anything about a story that relentlessly keeps you up at nights)
- Mainly I do it because I’m a crazy writer who likes to torture herself with an insane deadline (for instance, 50,000 words in 30 days or less)
What about you? Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this year? If so, why do you do it?