I don’t know about you but I can hardly believe it is THAT time of the year! It feels like it was just yesterday when I was in shorts and puttering in our garden. Now, I’m prepping for a Thanksgiving Day meal.
Is it me, or has time sped up?
As in the past, I like to make a list of things I am grateful for. Here are five:
- My family. I am so grateful for my husband (of nineteen years) and fifteen year-old son. Those two have kept me grounded when I think I might have (permanently) left this reality for an imaginary one.
- Writing. I am thankful that I discovered the magic of writing so many years ago. It enabled me to work through the many dark times in life as well as opened up doors to the many opportunities and wonderful people I never would have encountered. All have been such blessings of hope that kept me going!
- This country. I am so so thankful to live in this great country! It is so full of beauty and variety. As of today, I’ve visited perhaps thirty states. I hope to visit the rest in the near future (have yet to see the Pacific coast).
- Health. I am thankful to be alive and healthy. I’ve known so many who are no longer with me and they will be in my thoughts tomorrow.
- My animals. Okay, I’m going a little mushy now. I am thankful for the many pets I have in and around my house. They keep me thoroughly entertained all day long. And not to mention, great company when both my guys are gone during the days.
What about you? What are you thankful for?